Collectors Corner is a free, public resource from The Manuscript Society for collectors (of all types.) This section of the website will include resources, tips, quips and information in the world of manuscripts.
Our first offering is a list of known facsimiles—items which look like real autographs and manuscripts, but which are in fact realistic (and sometimes not so realistic) copies. To the right is one of the most famous, a letter from England’s George V welcoming American troops during World War I in April 1918. Courtesy of Catherine Barnes. If you’d like to submit a facsimile, please click on the link below.
Check back often to find out what’s new in the Collector’s Corner!
Recent Collectors Corner Posts
- Member Spotlight – J.B. Muns Fine Arts Books
- Member Spotlight: San Jacinto Museum of History
- Members Spotlight – Rick Schnake, founder of History In Ink.
- Presidential Autographs: An Unintended Collection
- Member Spotlight: Filson Historical Society