Since 1980 the News has kept members informed about the Society and served as a window on the wider world of manuscripts and autographs. Highlights of the quarterly newsletter include:
- Coverage of the Society’s annual meetings and special events
- Recaps of the spring and fall Board of Trustees meetings
- Reports from recipients of the Society’s Maass Research Grant
- Profiles of members and news of their accomplishments
- Updates on the Society’s replevin related activities
In addition, the News recognizes those who have contributed to the Society, and alerts members to ways in which they can support its mission. Regular departments share reports of sales and acquisitions, thefts and forgeries, recent book releases, upcoming events, and other news of note.
Write for the News
Readers are invited to contribute articles on topics such as:
- How you began collecting
- Your most interesting piece
- Annual meeting memories
- Today’s trends in collecting
Contact the editor for more writers guidelines.
Read in Print, in PDF, or Online
The News is delivered exclusively to Manuscript Society members. It is available in print, and in a full-color PDF edition. To opt for the PDF, contact the executive director.
Selected back issues are posted online. Browse the Archive (Members Only.)