The Manuscript Society now offers free webinars! Our first one will be on September 10, 2019 at 8PM EST. Join Society Trustee, Brian Kathenes, for an absolutely free live-stream webinar: “Autographs – Phonies, Fake, and Forgeries.” Brian will a share some of the most famous and intriguing phonies, fakes, and forgeries in the autograph collecting world. Brian’s webinars are always lively, interactive, informative, and educational.
What We’ll Cover
Appraising Autographs, Manuscripts, & Historical Documents – Identifying Phonies, Fakes, Forgeries
Discover the secrets to easily spotting the most notorious fake autographs, bogus manuscripts, and facsimile documents that plague the field.
Certified Autograph Appraiser and Manuscript Society Trustee, Brian Kathenes, will take you on an exciting autograph identification journey.
In this one-hour, interactive, live-stream webinar you’ll discover:
- – Nine ways to easily spot a fake autograph
- – The Magic Date for Secretarial Presidential Land Grants
- – What simple equipment you’ll need to be an “Autograph Detective”
- – Seven characteristics of an “AutoPen” signature
- – How to use the “Feel of Steel” technique to identify non-genuine signatures
- – Abraham Lincoln’s “three tier” signature test
- – How a “dot” can reveal a famous secretarial signature
- – Who really signed US Grant’s memoirs
- – How raking light detects printed signatures in photographs
- – And much more
And it’s free! Join us on Tuesday, September 10th, 8:00PM Eastern.
This first webinar is open to Society members and non-society members.
Brian G. Kathenes, ISA CAPP, is a 30-year member and past trustee of the Manuscript Society. He received the President’s Award in 2010 for his leadership and service to the organization. Brian is a Certified Appraiser of Autographs, Manuscripts & Historical Documents. He hosts Value This! with Brian and Leon, a nationally syndicated antiques and collectibles talk show on public radio. Brian has chaired the International Society of Appraisers Ethics Committee and was keynote speaker at the Folger Shakespeare Library and the Library of Congress. Brian was an expert witness in the Nixon Watergate Papers case. He provides his autograph expertise for the FBI, US Marshals Service, US Customs & Border Protection, and Homeland Security Investigations. His appraisal clients include International Museums, University Libraries, NASA Astronauts, Grammy Award Winners, US Presidents, and Nobel Prize Recipients.
When: September 10th, 2019
Time: 8PM EST